This page describes additions or alterations to some of the gameplay or battle mechanics of the hypothetical games these projects would take place in.
Deafened is a volatile status condition. Deafened Pokémon are immune to moves with the "Sound-based" flag, just as if they had the abilities Cacophony or Soundproof. The condition usually lasts until the end of the next turn.
Weather, Field Effects, etc.
Miasma terrain envelops the battlefield in stifling, hazy air tainted with pollutants and germs. It makes the active Pokémon sick unless they have a high resistance to toxins or disease.
While miasma is the active terrain:
- All Pokémon on the ground (except Poison-types, Steel-types and Pokémon with Poison Heal, Immunity, Gas Guzzler or Magic Guard) receive damage equal to 1/16 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn.
- Poisoned and badly poisoned Pokémon take double the normal amount of damage each turn. Poisoned Pokémon with Poison Heal recover double the normal amount of HP each turn.
- The speed of Pokémon with Gas Guzzler is doubled.
- Poison-type moves used by Pokémon on the ground have their power increased by 1.5×.
- Changes Nature Power to Sludge Bomb, causes Secret Power to look like Smog and have a chance to poison the target, and causes Camouflage to change the user into a Poison-type.
Haunted terrain summons mischievous spirits from beyond the grave to swirl around the active Pokémon and interfere with the battle.
While haunted is the active terrain:
- All Pokémon on the ground have double the usual effect chance for their moves with secondary effects (as though all grounded Pokémon had Serene Grace).
- Fighting- and Normal-type moves used against Pokémon on the ground have their power reduced by 0.5×.
- Changes Nature Power to Shadow Ball, causes Secret Power to look like Shadow Sneak and have a chance to make the target flinch, and causes Camouflage to change the user into a Ghost-type.
Haunted terrain is caused by the move Haunted Terrain. It lasts for 5 turns.